In dispute with a Remover?
The Association provides advice and support should you experience a problem that you have been unable to resolve with your BAR remover. In the first instance, you may call upon our free conciliation service which in most cases achieves a mutually acceptable settlement. All our members based in the UK comply with the BAR Code of Practice and our assessment of any problem will reflect the Code's principles.
Advice and Conciliation Service
For immediate urgent advice call our Consumer Affairs department on 01923 699 486. For any other problem arising out of your move with a BAR remover please complete the form below or email, write or fax to us a summary of the problem, including copies of your quotation documents and any relevant correspondence between you and the remover. We will then endeavour to resolve the matter to the reasonable satisfaction of you and your remover. If we are unable to identify an immediate solution we will pass on the dispute to an independent conciliation service at no cost to you. In the event that the problem remains unresolved after BAR's intervention, our independent arbitration scheme may be the way to resolve it formally.
Independent Arbitration scheme
The BAR arbitration scheme is administered entirely independently by IDRS Ltd, a subsidiary of The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) and is generally available when a dispute cannot be resolved informally through conciliation. Arbitration results in a legally binding Award determined by a qualified arbitrator and avoids the need for either party to resort to the county court service. Full details will be provided to you by BAR if conciliation is unsuccessful.
If there are any issues which arise from the removal process we endeavour to seek an amicable resolution thereby avoiding the need for costly and time consuming legal proceedings. Should BAR be unable to resolve a dispute immediately then we will refer the case to an independent conciliation service, which is free to members of the public.
To assist us in achieving a resolution please complete the following form;
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this form you are agreeing to the following declaration:
· I have read and understood the BAR Conciliation Service Rules.
· I have not previously referred this matter to the Courts.
· I understand that conciliation is a confidential process in which the Conciliator as a neutral third party actively assists parties in working towards a negotiated agreement, with the parties in ultimate control of the decision to settle and the terms of resolution.
· I understand that information given to the Conciliator during the conciliation will be confidential unless I permit the Conciliator to give the information to the other party.
· I understand that the Conciliator does not give legal advice. I also understand that the Conciliator does not act as a judge or arbitrator. However, should the parties be unable to reach an agreement between them, the Conciliator may recommend a solution to the dispute.
· I understand that the Conciliator’s recommendations are not binding unless written down and signed by both parties in agreement.
· I understand that neither BAR, the Conciliator nor IDRS Ltd shall be liable to the Parties for any act or omission in relation to the conciliation unless the act or omission is proved to have been fraudulent or involved wilful misconduct.
· I agree that I will not call the Conciliator or any employee or consultant of IDRS Ltd as a witness, nor require them to produce in evidence any records or notes relating to the conciliation, in any litigation, arbitration or other formal process arising from or in connection with this dispute and the conciliation.