BAR National Group Membership
BAR Membership is open to UK businesses trading principally in the removal industry which own or control, and are accountable for, the tangible assets employed in carrying out the removals and storage activities for which they have contracted.
Members and Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the financial resources to operate a legitimate removal business, and be of good financial standing, providing to the Association whatever evidence is reasonably required to establish this.
Members and Applicants must be registered for VAT, and either:
(a) Possess a Standard National Operator’s Licence, where legally required.
(b) Where an O-Licence is not legally required, meet 100% of the prevailing O-Licence financial requirement. (Please download the full criteria document)
Membership of the British Association of Removers offers numerous benefits to Removals and Storage Companies, including
- Use of the BAR brand: BAR Model Terms & Conditions and TSI approved Code of Practice
- A unique sales lead generator
- Access to a range of networking and social events with other members and business partners
- Access to a free legal and financial support advice line
- Exclusive low cost legal expense scheme
- New members introduction incentive scheme
- Easy payment terms for membership subscriptions and training courses
- Accredited Training & Development courses / Subsidised industry specific training
- Access to a full range of marketing and promotional materials, many free and downloadable from BAR's members area
- Free monthly issues and discounted advertising opportunities in Removals & Storage trade magazine
- Free informal conciliation service and low-cost arbitration scheme
- Exclusive member rates for industry specific quality standards – for more information, contact QSS
- Comprehensive range of products and services from BAR Services at exclusive Member rates
- Access to industry recognised annual awards such as the Domestic Mover of the Year (DMotY) and the Commercial Mover of the Year (CMotY)
- Free marketing opportunities direct to your removal customers
- Access to a full range of business partners
- FEDEMAC membership, including free European information on www.fedemac.eu
- Range of lobbying activities
- Access to www.bar.co.uk dedicated Members’ area – including: Latest News and Events around the UK, including BAR’s Annual Conference and the Commercial Mover Of The Year Award, Calendar event, Funding opportunities, broadcast system etc.
- The opportunity to apply to Special Functional Groups Membership such as Commercial Moving Group, Overseas Group, Self Storage Interest Group.
2013/14 National Group membership fees
The fees for the National Group membership are as follows:
- APPLICATION / PROCESSING FEE (one off fee): £500.00 (+VAT)
- MEMBERSHIP ENTRY FEE (one off fee): £300.00 (+VAT)
- 2013/2014 ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE: (pro-rata fee): £950.00 (+VAT). (for 1 location. Additional branch or sales office incur fees). £1,525.00 (+ VAT) (for 2 locations).
Please note, you need to declare and register all of your operational locations (branches) as part of your membership. However, if you use additional warehouse locations just for storage, they may also be subject to a site inspection by one of our auditors (on request).
If you wish to register Additional Trading Names (ATN), the Annual membership fee 2013/14 is £360.00 (+ VAT)
per ATN. Please note that a processing fee will apply on application. Application for Membership
If you are interested in becoming a member of BAR:
For membership criteria and an application form contact BAR giving your company information and contact details, or download the BAR National application form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org